Wednesday, June 29, 2005

What do I say on a day like today? With the news I got tonight. I just have to smile really wide and restrain myslelf from jummping up and down over and over and over again. Tonight I was told that my freinds band is playing a reunion show in August. This band broken up over 10 years ago. The last time I saw them, i had to leave straight from my high school football game to get there in time to see them start playing. My arm was in a cast and I still danced the night away.
They are also playing with another band that broke up even before them. The two bands that are playing together are Black Train Jack and the Gorilla Biscuts. These two historic bands are getting back together for a benifit to try to keep CBGBs open. There are a bunch of shows going on over the next few months to help CBs. If you are in the area...you should go!
Up until that point in the night, it was more or less a normal day. Did nothing at work, then drove back to philly to see jess. The humidity made it too damn sticky last night. I wanted to sleep but I could not get comfy enough to do so. When I was in middle school, I had a sticker of the first the GB album cover in my locker. I wonder if it is still there!

No comments: