Thursday, February 08, 2007

Bringing Sexy back

So the NYT did a short blurb about the hipsters and their love for Justin Timberlake. I have to admit that a few years ago, I did take a shine to the former Syncer. I have always liked a few of his songs, but never enough to actually buy an albumn. I remember once at a bar in Philly I played a JT song on the jukebox after trying to convince a very musical friend of mine how amazing JT actually was. He was half way convinced that it was a fluke that JT had a good song, and half convinced that my time spent with teenagers has torn apart my former staus of "Music Snob". I kept my JT love to myslef unless the song came on and I started to shake the moneymaker, but then I get an email from a fellow music snob (and former bike courier),Tony Pointless,that he was interviewed in the NYT for a feature on JT.
Check it out. While you are at it, check out his band R.A.M.B.O. with songs like U-Lock justice,Chinese Resturant Mosh Pit, and Kids Who Mosh Like Assholes Must Make for Selfish Lovers how can you go wrong?

No comments: