Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I had to start my ordeal of dealing with the insurance company, and trying to get my stuff back. I could not sleep, and I had to get something started. Also, I didn't want to miss a day of work, so I wanted to get my stuff together as early as I could.

When I woke up, I sat right down at the computer to figure out how much a new computer was going to cost me. This is the thing that cost the most that was stolen from me, and I knew it would be pretty expensive to replace. The computer that was stolen, and what I did this website with was a Mac G3 iBook. it was good considering I only paid 400 for it! With that said, replacing it for $400 is not going to be all that easy.

I then decided that I had to get my window fixed and check out how long that was going to be and how much it was going to cost me. My dad's friend, who owns Pittston Auto Glass gave me an estimae of 150, and said it would be done tomorrow. Since it was early in the day, but a little too late to go to work, since it is a two hour drive. My dad and I decided to go up to the tubs to have a look around in hopes that they dumped my stuff in the woods on the way back to their quads.

I really wanted to recover some of my clothes from the woods, and maybe even my courier bag. I kissed the computer gone a long time ago. I walked through some of the great trails that are out there looking for my stuff. After a good look around, I did not find anything at all, but I did see a giant black snake and one New Balance sneaker...it was not mine, since they didn't steal that from me. Dejectedly, I walked back to the car.

At home I decided that it would be smart to take a shower since I still have not after mountain biking, and then hiking around the woods this morning. I spent a good portion of the day just relaxing at home and trying not to think about all of my lost stuff.

I went to the mall later in the day, since I needed some new clothes to actually change into something. Champs had a great deal on tee-shirts and I ended up picking up 5 for $20! Got some drawers, and off I went to have dinner with my parents.

My sister said that she had a vision that my stuff was still in the woods, and she had an idea of where it could be. Mind you, she is a bit nuts sometimes, but she usually has a pretty good feeling about this stuff. The place she described was exactly where I thought it was, and wanted to check out, but did not feel like walking to. If you read yesterdays blog entry, you will see a description of what I am talking about.

I decided to take my sisters vision, and head up there to take a trip back in the woods in hopes of finding my bag and clothes. My sister and her husband, Rob, decided to take me up there so I could trek back there to find this stuff.

I decided to go on foot, instead of by bike, since I did not want to have to watch the trail, and look for my stuff as I rode. I just figured that would be more of a pain than it was worth. I made the journey out to the spot, while constantly checking my back wondering if there was anyone or anything watching me. I finally got to the spot and I looked around. Once again, I felt a strange feeling all over the place. Like someone was watching me. Maybe there was. I climbed on the outcropping of rocks, thinking that maybe they had the stuff hidden back there. It wsa kind of strange in there, and I didn't know if I was going to get attached by something, so I did not hang out too long.

I started walking down the tracks again, and decided to cut through the woods so nobody could follow me. I picked up the blue trail and took it back towards the tubs. When I finally got back to the bottom, my sister and rob were not there.so I had to walk all the way back up to the top of this place. Which is a good hike on a nice cool fall day, but killer in the summer.

As I got to the top of the trail, I saw my brother in law's car, and was excited to just sit down after my super rushed 4 mile hike. Well I saw a really crappy, early 90s Subaru Legacy pull into the parking area on top, and just sit there for a minute and scope out their car, then they saw me, and took off like a bat out of hell.

I got in the car, and told my brother in law and my sistr that it had to have been the people that stole my stuff, and we should go after them.

Rob tore out of there and started after them, but we could not find them at all. We ended up giving up the chase and heading home, but I had an idea of where they could be based on some info that my friend Carrie gave me.

The rest of the night I hung out with the Litzi's crowd, and went to bed late as hell again.

No comments: