Monday, July 11, 2005

Today was a long day of driving. I am more or less used to those. In the morning I had to load a bunch of books into my car to take to my school. I have been storing all of my old books from my old school, Manassas Park

in my apartment. When two people already have an ocean of crap in the house, a few copy boxes full of school books does not help.
Well i had to get those in my car, and get them to school. I only took four boxes, but it made a difference in the house. I got to school and noticed that the place was a mess. They have taken all of the desks out of the rooms. I do not know if they are painting or what, but there were desks everwhere in my hall. After i dropped my books off, I had to go and sign my contract for next year. I will be teaching 8th grade science at the Eisenhower Middle School in the Norristown Area SD. I was a Long term substitute there at the end of last year, but I got a full time job there for this upcoming year. I signed my contract, after someone explained to to me, and I made sure I understood it, so I didnt get effed over. After I did all of that, I still had to go to work!

I took the PA Turn Pike for the first time in a while, and it is no better than it used to be even though you have to pay more. If we used our state prisoners to take care of the roads, We would not be in such a deficit. When you have to pay a guy double time for coming out to work on the roads, that can not be doing a service to the tax payer, but if we were to use "volunteer" help, it would sure help the financial situation in our state.

At work, we had a bunch of stuff to do. I had to make the CAP 8 work. This is the machine that we will use all week to do the work we need to finish. The machine could have a mind of its own sometimes. It is hard to operate, but when it works well, it is a dream.

After work I decided to go to Pittston. I have not been there since hte 4th of July, and last night i thought that my mom was mad at me. I thought I knew why, and knowing her, she would appreciate a visit from me, so we could talk about this stuff.

The ride up to Pittston went perfect and I made great time. If it were not for the big mountains that eat up my gas, I would totally go there more often after work. I love being there in the summer it sort of reminds me of when I was a little kid. Many of my friends have left, or don't do fun stuff anymore, but just the weather and the way the grass smells reminds me of living there. I got to talk to my mom and we hashed out what was wrong. I think it was a misunderstanding. I am glad we figured it out, because life is too damn short to have grudges. I know I jsut have to communicate better, and change some other things. After hanging out with them for a while, I went and picked up my friend Carries's old iPodfor Jess. It is a good 10gig one that Carrie sold her for cheap! I got to hang out with Carrie and her Husband Ed for a little bit and play with the two dogs at their house.

After their house, I went to drop off the Organ I won at the Auction on the 4th to Kyle. I got to the bar that he sort of lives above, and he had already gone home, but Megan was there, so we hung out for a little while. We watched the Home Run Derby for the MLB All Star Game, the news, and then I went home.

Damn I really cram a lot of shit into 24 hours!

No comments: